Well these cookies turned out to be quite the tasty treat, I kind of tossed in what I had around and ended up with a psuedo-s’mores cookie that is so delicious and chewy, they were completely gobbled up by my family. Also my husband wanted to note that these were amazing with ice cream, you know, if you’re into that sort of thing hah 🙂
oatmeal s'mores cookies
1 large egg
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1 cup whole rolled oats (not instant/quick cook)
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup mini marshmallows
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and cover two baking sheets with parchment paper, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the egg, melted coconut oil, sugars, vanilla, cinnamon and salt, and combine well.
- Mix in flour, oats, baking soda, marshmallows and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- I used an ice cream scoop to make heaping mounds, roughly the size of 2 tablespoons. On my smaller sheet, I baked 6 cookies per pan, and on my larger cookie sheet I baked 8 cookies per pan. Leave a few inches between the cookies on the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes (I baked mine for 9). Don’t over bake them – take them out when the tops still look almost raw, but the edges are just turning a light brown. Then let them cool for several minutes on the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
I hope you enjoy! I love the chewiness of the marshmallow and the slight coconut flavour. I will definitely be making these again and again. Thanks for stopping in!