I shared on my Instagram yesterday that I baked some cookies with my little ones. Apparently the first batch came out pretty under done and somebody (definitely not me) still ate them and I guess they were still so delicious and amazing that that person ate like 8 of them, half cooked. It wasn’t me, that’s just what I’ve heard. So do with that what you will. Anyways, these cookies are a hit and super chocolatey and chewy, all things that you can’t go wrong with. I had to share them with you, especially since they are so easy to make (I mean aren’t most cookies though? That seems to be the problem, that they are always waaaay too easy to make lol). So here are my Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup margarine or butter, softened (I used margarine)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1½ – 2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
splash of milk ***
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In large bowl cream margarine/butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl and add to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet (I did 6 a sheet since these will spread a bit).
- Bake 8-9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.).
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet onto wire rack. Cool completely.
*** If the dough is too dry, add a splash of milk or almond milk