I adore baking with my son. He’s 2 years old, so it takes a little preparation on my part before we start baking to make sure everything runs smoothly lol.
I always get a snack for him to munch on while we bake. It helps keep his little hands out of raw batter plus he has something to do while I crack eggs and whatnot. I also like to pre-measure anything that might be super messy, like flour or the liquids, then it’s easy for him to help add things to the bowl.
The other night, we made some yummy chocolate chip cookies that were so tasty! I just did a quick search for chocolate chip cookies, and this Betty Crocker recipe popped up first, I did a little tweaking to it while we mixed everything up and the end result was a slightly healthier chocolate chip cookie that is chewy and delicious.
easy + delicious 'greek yogurt' chocolate chip cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Pre heat oven to 375°.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy, add greek yogurt and beat on high for 30 seconds. Add sugars and beat until fluffy (another minute or so).
- Add egg and vanilla extract, then mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons (we used a small ice cream scoop), and bake for 8-10 minutes (I ended up baking mine for 9 minutes).
DON’T OVER BAKE, this is very important – because we don’t have the normal fat content, the cookies will turn more dry/cake like. It’s important to take them out while they still look almost raw, but the edges have just barely started to turn. They will be a little puffy, but will shrink down when cooling.
M and I had some fresh out of the oven last night with ice cold milk, he ended up with chocolate chips all.over.his.face. But he was so happy and grinning from ear to ear (we don’t eat a ton of sweets in our house so he was especially excited). It was pretty adorable. I’ll keep a few out, but I like to store these in the freezer and eat them when they’re half frozen. Trust me, they are just that much better that way ♥ Enjoy!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…